On September 23, the meeting "Iceland's Bright future" was held in Skinners Hall, London. The seminar took place just a few days after the state budget was presented to the Parliament in Reykjavik. It was a goodopportunity for the over 100 guests to gain insight into government policy for the coming years. An expert panel with the finance minister Bjarni Benediktsson, Håkon Fure, Equity Research, DNB Markets, head of research in Regina Bjarnadottir in Arion Bank and Aldo Musacchio, professor, Harvard Business School closeed the seminar.
- Introducton by Birna Einarsdóttir, CEO of Islandsbanki
- Iceland - What Now? by Bjarni Benediktsson, Minster of Finance, Iceland
- Icelandic banks, best capitalized banks in Europe, by Håkon Fure, Equity Research, DNB Markets
- A growth country with a unique location: What’s next for Iceland? by Aldo Musacchio, professor, Harvard Business School
- Iceland – our view on the current macro situation; current status of the republic, by Jon Bentsson, senior economist at Islandsbanki research
- Icelandair Group and the Iceland Tourism Growth, by Halldór Benjamín Þorbergsson, Senior Vice President of Icelandair Group.
Pictures of the event can be found here.
In order to follow the media presence of the speakers, please click here:
Bjarni Benediktsson on Bloomberg
Bjarni Benediktsson on CNBC
Bjarni Benediktsson in Viðskiptablaðið